Tenerife travel tips
Flights to Tenerife
The Canary Island, Tenerife, has two airports. Tenerife Reina Sofia (TFS) is popular with beach holidaymakers aiming for the resorts in the south of the island such as Los Cristianos or Playa de las Americas. Many low-cost airlines serve this airport regularly throughout the year from a great number of UK airports. Popular routes include Manchester to Tenerife or Belfast to Tenerife for instance.
The northern airport, TFN, tends to be used by those choosing a more active holiday, such as walking or surfing in the northern part of the island. Many hotels are to be found in Puerto de la Cruz.
Once in Tenerife: the logisitcs
Once landed at the airports, a number of transport options exist. By far the most popular if planning trips around the island is hiring a car. There are numerous car hire firms at the airport. during high season it would be advisable to book in advance. Always remember your credit card for car hire.
There are also a number of buses that serve the coastal resorts and towns and villages in Tenerife. Buses from the southern airport of TCI usually serve the resorts in the south directly. Use bus numbers 343, 350 and 111 to get to Los Cristianos or Costa Adeje. Fares cost between 3 and 4 euros. A taxi will set you back between 30 and 100 euros.
The northern airport is served by buses 102, 107 or 108.
Most Popular Flight Routes
- London - Rome from £20.01
- Albury - London from £381.99
- Liverpool - Newquay from £297.99
- East Midlands - Gran Canaria Las Palmas from £135.73
- London - Chicago from £272.50
- Belfast - Lanzarote from £151.03
- London City - Newquay from £163.52
- Leeds - Paris from £45.13
- Edinburgh - Malta from £132.00
- London - Toronto from £163.33
- London - Miami from £196.82
- London - Venice from £21.26
- Aberdeen - Frankfurt from £141.00