London Luton Airport
Departures London Luton (LTN)Departures flight plan for Tuesday, 18 June 2019*
Arrivals London Luton (LTN)Arrivals flight plan for Tuesday, 18 June 2019*
149 cheap direct flights to & from London Luton (LTN)
easyJet (U22051, U22061, U22049, U22059, U22067, U22053, U22057, U22055)
El Al Israel Airlines (LY312, LY314, LY212, LY216), Wizz Air UK (W94451), easyJet (U22083, U22085, U22087)
easyJet (U22406, U22404, U22410, U22408, U22402), TUI Airways (BY5731)
easyJet (U22274, U22272, U22278, U22276), TUI Airways (BY5627, BY5209, BY5433)
easyJet (U22432, U22442, U22440, U22436, U22434)
easyJet (U22126, U22122, U22124, U22128, U22130, U22140, U22136, U22120)
easyJet (U22334), Wizz Air UK (W94464), TUI Airways (BY5423)
London Luton Airport
- URL: London Luton (LTN)
- Time zone: GMT 0
- Service telephone: +44 (0)1582 405100
- Address: London Luton Airport, Navigation House, Airport Way, Luton Bedfordshire, LU2 9LY, United Kingdom
- Operating company: London Luton Airport Operations Ltd (TBI plc)
- Parking: Yes, there are paid short and long stay car parks.
- Nearby cities: Luton (3 km), Watford (23 km), Slough (44 km), London (45 km), Cambridge (49 km), Northampton (55 km), Chelmsford (61 km), Oxford (63 km), Woking (63 km), Reading (66 km)
- Directions by car: M1 towards Luton, taking exit N ° 10 to the A1081, for the last 1.5 miles follow the signs for Luton airport.
- Stations: Trains to Luton Airport Parkway Station and then use the shuttle service that operates every 15 minutes.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (15.47%), Tuesday (13.30%), Wednesday (14.02%), Thursday (14.48%), Friday (14.57%), Saturday (13.48%), Sunday (14.68%)
- Alternative spelling: Лондон-Лутон, Londyn-Luton, Luton Airport, لندن لوتون
Most popular destinations from London Luton (Flights per week )
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
Driving: Luton airport is on the A505. Motorists coming from London should take the M1 motorway towards Luton and just before Luton take exit 10 onto the A1081, the airport is signposted from here. Alternatively from the M25 leave at junction 21 where it joins the M1, then leaving at exit 10.
Sat Nav: Luton airport postcode LU2 9QT
Rail: passengers should take First capital trains to Luton Airport Parkway Station and then use the shuttle service that operates every 15 minutes. East Midlands Trains also serve Luton en route from London to Yorkshire or the East Midlands. The journey from Pancras Station to Luton airport takes only approx. 20 minutes.
Bus and coach: There are bus services from London to Luton airport. EasyBus goes from London to Luton airport leaving at Baker Street and also serves the other London airports; bus number 757 operated by the Green Line leaves from Victoria Station or Oxford Circus and there is a National Express coach from London Heathrow Airport and many other cities in the UK. Stagecoach buses serve the train station, Luton town centre and Milton Keynes.
Taxis are available at the terminal building.
Luton airport hotels: Ibis london Luton and Holiday Inn Express are both near the airport.
Luton airport car hire: Avis, Hertz, Europcar are all available from Luton airport. There is a free shuttle service from the terminals to the rental car centre.
The airport was opened on 16th July 1938. During the Second World War, the Royal Air Force used the airport as a base for fighter aircraft. After the war the city of Luton again acquired the airport. In 1972, Luton was one of the most profitable airports in England. However, when the tour operator Clarksons (Court Line) went bankrupt in 1974, the airport suffered a serious setback.
After the airport had been refurbished for 15 years, a new international terminal was opened in 1985. In 1991, the airport was renamed and has since then been known as London Luton Airport. On 1st July 1995, a new departure hall was added and then in 1999 another terminal was opened. On 6th July 2007, the airport management decided to build a new runway as well as a new terminal building.