236 cheap direct flights to & from London Heathrow (LHR)
British Airways (BA109, BA107), Emirates Airline (EK30, EK6, EK8, EK32, EK4), Iberia (IB7347)
Air Canada (AC6198, AC6186, AC6200), Austrian Airlines (OS452, OS458), United Airlines (UA9846), Japan Airlines (JL7729), British Airways (BA706)
Air Canada (AC849, AC859, AC857), Finnair (AY5999), British Airways (BA99), Iberia (IB7341), Ethiopian Airlines (ET1140), American Airlines (AA6213)
British Airways (BA738, BA730, BA728, BA724, BA736), LATAM Chile (LA5571, LA5561), Japan Airlines (JL7707)
British Airways (BA716, BA718, BA710, BA712), LATAM Chile (LA5580), American Airlines (AA6565, AA6354), Japan Airlines (JL6533)
British Airways (BA662, BA664, BA672, BA656), American Airlines (AA6394, AA6761, AA6370)
British Airways (BA912, BA902, BA916, BA904, BA910), Japan Airlines (JL7873, JL7821), American Airlines (AA6498)
British Airways (BA960, BA956, BA948, BA952, BA954), Cathay Pacific Airways (CX7163), American Airlines (AA6386), Japan Airlines (JL7713)
British Airways (BA994, BA988, BA996, BA990), Cathay Pacific Airways (CX7185), American Airlines (AA6721), LATAM Chile (LA5551), Japan Airlines (JL7715)
Iberia (IB7368), British Airways (BA155), Air Canada (AC6512, AC6510), Egyptair (MS778, MS780), TAP Air Portugal (TP7017), United Airlines (UA7718)
British Airways (BA462, BA456, BA464), Japan Airlines (JL7839, JL7703), LATAM Chile (LA5483), American Airlines (AA6282, AA6276)
British Airways (BA304, BA308, BA314, BA322, BA326, BA328), American Airlines (AA6257, AA6552)
British Airways (BA634, BA632, BA638, BA640), Japan Airlines (JL7721), American Airlines (AA6324, AA6326, AA6327)
Cathay Pacific Airways (CX250, CX256, CX238, CX252, CX254), British Airways (BA27, BA31), Virgin Australia (VA5342)
British Airways (BA836, BA826, BA834, BA838, BA824), S7 Airlines (S74709), American Airlines (AA6770), Japan Airlines (JL7825)
British Airways (BA139, BA199), American Airlines (AA6659, AA6657), Jet Airways (India) (9W117), Iberia (IB7393), Air Canada (AC6002, AC6004)
British Airways (BA143, BA257), Air Canada (AC6008), Aeroméxico (AM7800), Jet Airways (India) (9W121), Air India (AI112), Avianca (AV2400), Virgin Atlantic Airways (VS300)
British Airways (BA119), Iberia (IB7357), American Airlines (AA6655), Air India (AI178)
British Airways (BA554, BA560, BA558, BA546, BA552), American Airlines (AA6683, AA6603), LATAM Chile (LA5555)
London Heathrow Airport
Heathrow airport is 15 miles from the centre of London in the London Borough of Hillingdon, inside the M25 motorway ring. Along with London Luton, Stansted, Gatwick and London City, Heathrow airport is one of the five airports in London. It is the seat of British Airways and Virgin Atlantic Airways. On an area of 1600 ha and with a total of 67 million passengers, Heathrow airport has the greatest number of passengers in Europe ahead of Paris Airport Charles de Gaulle. It comes after Atlanta and Chicago as the third largest airport in the world. Heathrow airport also has the largest international passenger number of all airports. In 1987, the British government privatised the airport operator British Airports Authority (now called BAA plc). Along with Heathrow, six other UK airports (Gatwick, Stansted, Southampton, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Edinburgh) now also belong to BAA. Heathrow airport consists of 5 Terminals. Flights from London-Heathrow serve a number of domestic airports such as Manchester and Newcastle, as well as popular long-haul destinations, for instance Bangkok and New York. One of the top destinations from London-Heathrow is Paris with flights from Heathrow to Paris operated by Air France and British Airways.
- URL: London Heathrow (LHR)
- Time zone: GMT 0
- Service telephone: +44 (0) 844 335 1801
- Address: BAA Heathrow, Heathrow Airport Limited, The Compass Centre, Nelson Road, Hounslow, Middlesex, TW6 2GW
- Operating company: Heathrow Airport Holdings Limited
- Parking: yes; paid long stay and short stay parking
- Nearby cities: Slough (9 km), Woking (19 km), Watford (21 km), London (24 km), Reading (38 km), Crawley (45 km), Luton (45 km), Oxford (63 km), Basildon (65 km), Chelmsford (71 km)
- Directions by car: M4 and M25
- Stations: Heathrow Express, Heathrow Connect, London Underground
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.44%), Tuesday (14.22%), Wednesday (14.32%), Thursday (14.14%), Friday (14.23%), Saturday (14.08%), Sunday (14.57%)
- Alternative spelling: Heathrow Airport, London Heathrow, London - Hitrou, Londyn-Heathrow, Londona Hītrovas, Maes Awyr Heathrow, Londres-Heathrow, Lontoo Heathrow, Londra-Heathrow, Лондон Хитроу, Λονδίνο Χίθροου, हीथ्रो हवाई अड्डा, هیترو لندن, فرودگاه هیترو لندن, لندن هيثرو, مطار لندن هيثرو, נמל התעופה לונדון הית ' רו, ლონდონის ჰითროუს, ท่าอากาศยานลอนดอนฮีทโธรว์, 런던 히드로, ロンドン・ヒースロー, 倫敦希斯路機場, 倫敦希斯路
Most popular destinations from London Heathrow (Flights per week )
- Amsterdam Schiphol (330, 3,10 %)
- New York John F Kennedy (298, 2,80 %)
- Dublin (256, 2,40 %)
- Frankfurt-Main (246, 2,31 %)
- Munich (222, 2,08 %)
- Geneva (216, 2,03 %)
- Madrid Barajas (214, 2,01 %)
- Lisbon (202, 1,90 %)
- Zurich (Zürich)-Kloten (194, 1,82 %)
- Paris - Charles de Gaulle (166, 1,56 %)
- other (77.99 %)
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
- British Airways (10249, 48,00 %)
- Virgin Atlantic Airways (1030, 4,82 %)
- United Airlines (992, 4,65 %)
- American Airlines (784, 3,67 %)
- Lufthansa (604, 2,83 %)
- Aer Lingus Irish Airlines (518, 2,43 %)
- SAS Scandinavian Airlines (478, 2,24 %)
- Delta Air Lines (398, 1,86 %)
- Eurowings (380, 1,78 %)
- Air Canada (376, 1,76 %)
- other (25.96 %)
By car: Terminals 1,2 and 3 are accessible from the north via a six lane tunnel from the M4. Terminal 4 in the south of the airport may be accesses via the M25. Terminal 5, which was opened in 2008, is accessible from the M25, exit 14 and 15.
Sat Nav Postcodes: Terminal 1: TW6 1AP; Terminal 3: TW6 1QG; Terminal 4 : TW6 3XA; Terminal 5: TW6 2GA
Train: London Underground’s Piccadilly Line serves two airport stations: Heathrow Terminals 1-3 and Heathrow Terminals 4 and 5. This is a convenient way of travelling from central London to Heathrow.
The national rail network has 2 lines running from the airport to London Paddington Station: Heathrow Express and Heathrow Connect. Heathrow Express is a non-stop train service, connecting Heathrow Airport with Central London (recommended for passengers going to Terminal 4), whilst Heathrow Connect runs between London Paddington and Heathrow Airport, also stopping at the stations Ealing Broadway (change for the Central and District Lines), West Ealing, Hanwell, Southall and Hayes & Harlington. The end of the line is the stop Terminals 1-3; from here the Heathrow Express may be used for the ongoing journey to Terminal 4.
A connection to the national rail network exists via direct trains from 3 stations: Reading, Watford Junction and Woking,
Coaches and Buses: National express coaches go from London Heathrow central bus station to central London (Victoria coach station) and other cities in the UK. Easybus operate an airport transfer from Heathrow to Watford Junction. Bus 285 also operates from Feltham. More local bus services serve Heathrow airport from the central bus station, several of which also stop at Terminal 4. National Express coaches run between the airports Gatwick, Stansted and Luton and various English cities as well as London Victoria Railway Station. Public transport buses also serve the surrounding suburbs.
Taxis: black cabs stop at all terminals.
Hotels: For those wishing to stay near the airport, there are a number of airport hotels in and around Heathrow airport including the Hilton London Heathrow Airport Hotel and the Holiday Inn.
Car hire: rental cars are available from the usual car hire companies: Hertz, Avis and Europcar etc.