Chicago IL Airport
Departures Chicago IL (CHI)Departures flight plan for Saturday, 19 August 2017*
7 Flight routes to & from Chicago (CHI)
American Airlines (AA0090), Egyptair (MS9312), United Airlines (UA0928, UA0958, UA0938), British Airways (BA0294), IBERIA (IB4676), Jet Airways (India) (9W5433)
United Airlines (UA0959, UA0929, UA0949), IBERIA (IB4677), Jet Airways (India) (9W5306), TAP Portugal (TP8639, TP8641), American Airlines (AA0087)
IBERIA (IB4195), British Airways (BA1501), Etihad Airways (EY3017), Qatar Airways (QR5549, QR4915), American Airlines (AA0055), Finnair (AY5791)
United Airlines (UA0426), British Airways (BA4590, BA5638), American Airlines (AA1087, AA0318, AA1146, AA2476), Frontier Airlines (F90036)
Polskie Linie Lotnicze LOT (LO0002, LO0004), United Airlines (UA6836, UA6838)
Chicago IL Airport
- Time zone: GMT -6
- Nearby cities: Chicago (4 km), Naperville (44 km), Joliet (55 km), Aurora (59 km)
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: , Monday (14.59%), Tuesday (14.21%)Wednesday (15.15%), Thursday (14.64%), Friday (14.44%), Saturday (12.50%), Sunday (14.47%)
- Alternative spelling: Chicago-IL, Chicago-IL, Şikago, Şikago, Чикаго, Чикаго, Çikaqo, Çikaqo, Чыкага, Чыкага, Σικάγο, Σικάγο, Čikāga, Čikāga, Čikago, Čikago, Tsikago, شکاگو, Tsikago, ชิคาโก, شکاگو, شيكاجو, ชิคาโก, ഷിക്കാഗോ, شيكاجو, שיקגו, ഷിക്കാഗോ, שיקגו, शिकागो, شیکاگو, शिकागो, شيكاغو, شیکاگو, শিকাগো, شيكاغو, 시카고, শিকাগো, Չիկագո, 시카고, ჩიკაგო, Չիկագո, シカゴ, ჩიკაგო, சிகாகோ, シカゴ, שיקאגא, சிகாகோ, Ṣìkágò, שיקאגא, 芝加哥, Ṣìkágò, 芝加哥
Most popular destinations from Chicago IL (Flights per week )
- Chicago O'Hare (1309, 7,31 %)
- Atlanta International Airport, GA (402, 2,25 %)
- Denver (393, 2,20 %)
- Minneapolis - St. Paul International Airport, MN (334, 1,87 %)
- New York - La Guardia Airport, NY (333, 1,86 %)
- Los Angeles International (301, 1,68 %)
- Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, TX (286, 1,60 %)
- New York Newark Liberty (276, 1,54 %)
- Las Vegas - McCarran International Airport, NV (267, 1,49 %)
- Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, MI (260, 1,45 %)
- other (76.75 %)
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
- American Airlines (10902, 12,29 %)
- United Airlines (10877, 12,27 %)
- British Airways (5418, 6,11 %)
- Air Canada (4722, 5,32 %)
- Alaska Airlines (4342, 4,90 %)
- Deutsche Lufthansa (2553, 2,88 %)
- Copa Airlines (2477, 2,79 %)
- Aer Lingus Irish Airlines (2374, 2,68 %)
- Iberia (2261, 2,55 %)
- Etihad Airways (2127, 2,40 %)
- other (45.81 %)
Furthest destinations without having to change Singapore Changi (15084 km, United Airlines) , Hyderabad (13300 km, Air India) , Hong Kong Chek Lap Kok (12555 km, American Airlines) , Delhi Indira Gandhi (12040 km, Air India)
Closest destinations with direct flight Chicago O'Hare (25 km, American Airlines) , South Bend, IN (111 km, United Airlines) , Milwaukee - General Mitchell International Airport, WI (120 km, American Airlines) , Kalamazoo-Battle Creek, MI (176 km, American Airlines) , Muskegon, MI (183 km, United Airlines) , Bloomington, IL (190 km, American Airlines) , Madison, WI (198 km, American Airlines) , Grand Rapids-MI (206 km, American Airlines) , Urbana-Champaign, IL (212 km, American Airlines) , Peoria-Bloomington, IL (219 km, American Airlines)
Chicago - O'Hare International Airport was opened in 1955. It is the largest and most important of the three airports in the area and of the state of Illinois as a whole. The airport is located about 18 miles north west of the Chicago Loop and is easy to reach by car and signposted on the Interstates I-90, I-294 (via exits 1 A-D) or using US highways 12 and 45. Besides using a car, hire car, or buses to and from Crestwood or Michigan City for example, transfer to and from the airport is also possible using public transport. The Blue line of the CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) is a fast train service that operates between the airport and the Chicago Loop.
Chicago - Midway International Airport was initially opened as Chicago Air Park in 1923 and is the second international airport in Chicago and an important hub of the low-cost carrier Southwest Airlines. It is approximately fifteen kilometres southwest of downtown Chicago and clearly signposted on the interstate I-55 or US Highway 50, so easy to reach by car. From the airport, the "Orange Line" operates several buses on a regular basis: 379, 382, 383, 384, 385. Alternatively, please use the CTA's bus number 390.
The distance between O'Hare and Midway is approximately 32 km by road. The fastest way to get to the airport by car is by using the Interstate I-90 and then the US Highway 50. Passengers who use public transport should use the "Blue Line" or "Orange Line" to and from downtown Chicago.
Chicago Rockford International Airport is actually in Rockford not Chicago, but also managed by the Greater Rockford Airport Authority - as are the other two Chicago airports.
Rockford airport is about 9 km or approx. 5 miles south of Downtown Rockford, near the US Highway 20. The Rockford Mass Transit District (RMTD) bus number 7 operates regularly from the airport. The distance between the airport and O'Hare is about 140 km (85 miles).
Shuttle services between all three airports are operated by the Van Galder Bus Company. The service runs hourly every day to O'Hare Airport from about 3:00 - 19:00 h, the journey taking about 90 minutes. The service between Rockford-Downtown and Midway is less regular from about 4:00 to 18:00, travel times depend on the time of day, taking from between 120 to 150 minutes during the rush hour. For current timetables please ask at the airport or consult the website of the bus company.