London Stansted Airport
Departures London Stansted (STN)Departures flight plan for Monday, 17 June 2019*
Arrivals London Stansted (STN)Arrivals flight plan for Monday, 17 June 2019*
218 cheap direct flights to & from London Stansted (STN)
Jet2.com (LS1405), easyJet (U23111, U23113, U23115), British Airways (BA2293), Iberia (IB7741)
Jet2.com (LS1473), easyJet (U23043, U23045, U23047), Iberia (IB7739), British Airways (BA2291), Thomas Cook Airlines UK (MT1718), TUI Airways (BY5622)
Jet2.com (LS1401, LS1421), Thomas Cook Airlines UK (MT1182, MT1330), TUI Airways (BY5420)
Jet2.com (LS1489), Thomas Cook Airlines UK (MT1726, MT1952), TUI Airways (BY5100, BY5504)
easyJet (U2257, U2255, U2263, U2261, U2251, U2259, U2253, U2265)
Jet2.com (LS1496), TUI Airways (BY5765), Thomas Cook Airlines UK (MT1191)
London Stansted Airport
Popular routes from Stansted airport include flights from Stansted to Paris and Stansted-Dublin. Stansted airport is a base for Ryanair with popular low cost flights to Gran Canaria, Faro and Malaga amongst others. The airport is also a base for Easyjet with cheap flights to many European cities and popular family and beach holiday destinations such as Alicante and Mallorca. Other airlines also operate holiday flights to the Canaries such as Lanzarote. There are a number of flights also going to smaller airports, often operated by low-cost airlines: examples include fights to Toulouse from Stansted.
- URL: London Stansted (STN)
- Time zone: GMT 0
- Service telephone: +44 (0) 844 335 1803
- Address: London-Stansted Airport, Enterprise House, Bassingbourne Road, Stansted, Essex CM24 1QW, United Kingdom
- Operating company: British Airports Authority (BAA plc)
- Parking: yes; paid long and short stay parking.
- Nearby cities: Chelmsford (24 km), Cambridge (36 km), Basildon (39 km), Luton (45 km), Colchester (46 km), London (49 km), Watford (50 km), Southend-on-Sea (51 km), Gillingham (59 km), Ipswich (66 km)
- Directions by car: M11 (exit 8 or 8a), M25 to Stansted
- Stations: Stansted Express; ONE Rail, Central Trains
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (15.61%), Tuesday (13.33%), Wednesday (13.07%), Thursday (14.34%), Friday (15.26%), Saturday (13.42%), Sunday (14.96%)
- Alternative spelling: Stansted Airport, لندن ستانستد, ستانستد, Londres-Stansted, فرودگاه استانستد لندن, Londra-Stansted, ロンドン・スタンステッド空港, ლონდონის სტანსტედის აეროპორტი, 런던 스탠스테드 국제공항, Лондон-Станстед, 伦敦斯坦斯特德机场
Most popular destinations from London Stansted (Flights per week )
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
- Deutsche Bahn AG (812, 40,04 %)
- easyJet (392, 19,33 %)
- British Airways (185, 9,12 %)
- flybe (96, 4,73 %)
- Virgin Atlantic Airways (84, 4,14 %)
- Pegasus Airlines (74, 3,65 %)
- TUI Airways (62, 3,06 %)
- Thomas Cook Airlines UK (62, 3,06 %)
- Germanwings (54, 2,66 %)
- Asiana Airlines (34, 1,68 %)
- other (8.53 %)
Car: Follow the M11 motorway to junction 8a from London; from Cambridge exit at junction 8 and follow the signs to Stansted airport. The M11 motorway, which may also be accessed via the M25 ring, also provides links with London and Cambridge. From London, exit 8a and from Cambridge exit 8 both lead to the airport. There are also signs on the ring road to Stansted indicating the way to the airport.
Stansted airport Sat Nav Postcode: CM24 1RW
Trains: Travelling from London to Stansted airport or vice versa is possible using the London Trains run by Network South East’s Stansted Express service which go from the train station Liverpool Street Station in central London to the airport. One and Central Trains also provide nationwide services to Cambridge or to the Midlands and the North of England. ONE Rail goes to London-Stratford and to Stations in the Lea Valley.
Coach and bus: Easyjet operates an Easybus, the EB2, to Baker Street in London taking 11/2 hours for the journey. The two coach companies, Terravision and National Express, also have a service running from Stansted airport to Victoria Bus Station. Almost all bus services run between Stansted Airport and London Victoria or Liverpool Street in the City of London. There are also bus connections between London’s airports (Gatwick and Heathrow).
Taxis: are always available from the terminal building. The trip into central London will cost around £100.
Stansted airport hotels: the Travelodge and Hilton London Stansted Airport are both easily accessible from the terminal building.
Car hire: rental cars are available from top companies such as Hertz, Avis, europcar and Budget etc. All offices are based on the airport grounds.
Opened in 1991 on the grounds of a former WW2 military airbase, the airport is now a medium sized passenger airport. Stansted airport is at place 3 of UK airports and is the fastest growing airport in Europe as well as being the main base of the leading low-cost airlines. It is regularly served by Air Berlin, Easyjet, Germanwings, Ryanair, SkyEurope and other airlines. The 38 airlines, flying to 170 destinations worldwide, also include Air Baltic, Condor, Norwegian and Transavia.