Departures New York - La Guardia Airport, NY (LGA)Departures flight plan for Tuesday, 11 May 2021*
Arrivals New York - La Guardia Airport, NY (LGA)Arrivals flight plan for Tuesday, 11 May 2021*
1 Flight routes to & from New York (LGA)
Westjet (WS6673, WS6669, WS6671, WS6667, WS6675), Gol Transportes Aéreos (G38466), Delta Air Lines (DL1818, DL1583)
New York - La Guardia Airport, NY Airport
Other airports in the New York area Long Island-Mac Arthur Airport in Islip (about 90 km or 60 miles east of downtown Manhattan) Westchester County Airport in White Plains about 60 km or 40 miles northeast of downtown Manhattan and Stewart International Airport in Newburgh about 120 km or 90 miles north of downtown Manhattan.
- URL: New York - La Guardia Airport, NY (LGA)
- Time zone: GMT -5
- Service telephone: +1 718 533-3400
- Address: New York - LaGuardia Airport, Ditmars Boulevard and 94th Street, Flushing, NY 11371, USA
- Operating company: Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- Parking: Yes; paid short and long stay parking.
- Nearby cities: New York (13 km), Yonkers (17 km), Jersey City (18 km), Newark (26 km), Paterson (30 km), Elizabeth (31 km), Stamford (42 km), North Stamford (49 km), Edison (54 km), Bridgeport (71 km)
- Directions by car: Via Grand Central Parkway and Interstate Highways I-278 and I-678.
- Stations: There is no railway link at the airport. Pennsylvania Station in Manhattan is served by about 16 different Amtrak routes and several local Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) routes of New Jersey Transit.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (15.56%), Tuesday (14.79%), Wednesday (14.96%), Thursday (15.20%), Friday (15.64%), Saturday (10.12%), Sunday (13.73%)
- Alternative spelling: New York-La Guardia-NY, Нью-Йорк - Ла Гардиа, نيويورك - مطار لاغوارديا, 뉴욕 시-라구아디아 공항, ニューヨーク-ラガーディア, ท่าอากาศยานลากวาร์เดีย, 纽约-拉瓜迪亚机场
Most popular destinations from New York - La Guardia Airport, NY (Flights per week )
- Boston Logan (245, 5,69 %)
- Atlanta International Airport, GA (221, 5,13 %)
- Toronto Pearson (182, 4,23 %)
- Washington DC - Ronald Reagan National Airport, VA (167, 3,88 %)
- Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, TX (160, 3,72 %)
- Denver (138, 3,21 %)
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport, NC (135, 3,14 %)
- Cleveland - Hopkins International Airport, OH (123, 2,86 %)
- Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (122, 2,83 %)
- Miami International Airport, FL (117, 2,72 %)
- other (62.59 %)
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
- Westjet (3352, 22,55 %)
- American Airlines (2176, 14,64 %)
- Delta Air Lines (1465, 9,86 %)
- Southwest Airlines (969, 6,52 %)
- United Airlines (604, 4,06 %)
- Aeroméxico (359, 2,42 %)
- Virgin Atlantic Airways (256, 1,72 %)
- Spirit Airlines (224, 1,51 %)
- JetBlue Airways (225, 1,51 %)
- KLM (201, 1,35 %)
- other (33.86 %)
The airport was opened in 1939 and is about 16 km or 10 miles northeast of downtown Manhattan, between Bowery Bay and Flushing Bay in Queens. To reach the airport by car, please use the Grand Central Parkway, which is linked to the Interstate I-278 and the Interstate I-678.
The airport is served by several regular bus routes: M60, Q33, Q47, Q48 and Q72. The M60 goes to the nearby Astoria Boulevard subway station, from where there is a regular service to the subway "BMT Broadway Line" towards Manhattan and Brooklyn.
Towards Penn Station (Amtrak) or the Port Authority Bus Terminal (Greyhound, NJ Transit, Peter Pan, Trans-Bridge and several others) please use the M60 bus route to the Astoria Boulevard subway station and then change to the BMT Broadway line. To get to the bus terminal, go to Times Square - 42nd Street Subway Station, from there the bus station is only about 250 yards west. To get to Penn Station, go one stop to 34th Street Herald Square Subway Station, Penn Station is about 250 yards west.
Towards Grand Central Terminal (commuter trains), use the Q33 bus to the Subway Station 111 Street and then take the metro Flushing Line # 7 to Grand Central 42nd Street Station in Midtown Manhattan.
Passengers transferring between LaGuardia and the two airports John F. Kennedy and Newark Liberty International please take ETS Air Shuttle, All County Express and NY Airport Express shuttle buses. The journey takes about 45 to 60 minutes to both airports.
Alternatively passengers can use rental cars, taxis, share vans, hotel buses and limousines to and from the airport.
New York - La Guardia Airport, which was opened on 15.10.1939, was named after the former mayor of New York, Fiorello LaGuardia. Located 5.5 miles north-east of New York City, it is the smallest of the airports in the New York area, but also the most popular due to its centrality and proximity to Manhattan.