Departures Istanbul (IST)Departures flight plan for Sunday, 5 December 2021*
Arrivals Istanbul (IST)Arrivals flight plan for Sunday, 5 December 2021*
78 cheap direct flights to & from Istanbul (IST)
Turkish Airlines (TK1998, TK1982), bmi regional (BM6373, BM6359)
British Airways (BA676, BA680), American Airlines (AA6613, AA6465), Avianca (AV6616), Turkish Airlines (TK1984), Air Canada (AC6702), bmi regional (BM6361)
Turkish Airlines (TK1994, TK1996), bmi regional (BM6369, BM6371)
British Airways (BA676, BA680), American Airlines (AA6613, AA6465), Avianca (AV6616), Turkish Airlines (TK1984), AtlasGlobal (KK2002), Air Canada (AC6702)
Turkish Airlines (TK1968, TK1970), bmi regional (BM6347, BM6349)
Turkish Airlines (TK874, TK870, TK872, TK878), Qeshm Airlines (QB2214, QB2212), Mahan Air (W5117), AtlasGlobal (KK1184)
Turkish Airlines (TK709, TK119), Pakistan International Airlines (PK5709)
Turkish Airlines (TK305, TK309, TK805, TK313, TK315), AtlasGlobal (KK1293, KK1291), Iraqi Airways (IA229)
Emirates Airline (EK124, EK122), Turkish Airlines (TK762, TK760), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH6644), Qantas Airways (QF8122, QF8124), Royal Brunei Airlines (BI3601)
Turkish Airlines (TK332, TK334, TK336, TK338), Egyptair (MS9304, MS9306), Azerbaijan Airlines (J276, J278)
Turkish Airlines (TK960, TK968, TK964, TK962), AtlasGlobal (KK1000, KK1004, KK1002, KK1006)
Onur Air (8Q415), AtlasGlobal (KK2075), Turkish Airlines (TK1523, TK1527, TK1529), bmi regional (BM6308, BM6304, BM6310)
Turkish Airlines (TK1723, TK1725, TK1721, TK1727, TK1293), Onur Air (8Q475)
Turkish Airlines (TK376, TK382, TK386, TK378, TK388), Egyptair (MS9308, MS9674)
Turkish Airlines (TK1035, TK1037, TK1033), Singapore Airlines (SQ6283), Royal Jordanian (RJ3711)
Turkish Airlines (TK1977, TK1975), bmi regional (BM6354, BM6352)
As of 7.04.2019, the former main international airport, Istanbul-Atatürk Airport, is no longer in use for passenger flights. This airport is now only used for cargo flights.
- URL: Istanbul (IST)
- Time zone: GMT 2
- Service telephone: +90 444 1 442
- Address: İstanbul Havalimanı, Mahallesi Terminal Caddesi, No:1 Arnavutköy/İstanbul, Türkiye
- Operating company: IGA Havalimanı İşletmesi A.Ş.
- Parking: Planned are up to 40,000 parking spaces, 18,000 in a multi-storey car park, the others in an open air car park.
- Nearby cities: Esenyurt (13 km), Istanbul (13 km), Gebze (56 km), Çorlu (88 km), Bursa (90 km), Izmit (96 km), Bandırma (99 km)
- Directions by car: Currently: buses (up to 140 shuttle buses daily)
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.26%), Tuesday (13.95%), Wednesday (14.29%), Thursday (14.13%), Friday (14.38%), Saturday (14.34%), Sunday (14.65%)
- Alternative spelling: İstanbul Havalimanı, İstanbul Yeni Havalimanı, Mevlana Havalimanı
Most popular destinations from Istanbul (Flights per week )
- Izmir Adnan Menderes (176, 3,23 %)
- Ankara Esenboga (161, 2,95 %)
- Antalya (149, 2,73 %)
- Bodrum-Milas Airport (123, 2,26 %)
- Adana (88, 1,61 %)
- Tel Aviv Ben Gurion (80, 1,47 %)
- Trabzon (80, 1,47 %)
- Tehran Imam Khomeini (79, 1,45 %)
- Ercan, Cyprus (76, 1,39 %)
- Paris - Charles de Gaulle (64, 1,17 %)
- other (80.27 %)
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
- Turkish Airlines (7474, 41,80 %)
- Singapore Airlines (711, 3,98 %)
- SAS Scandinavian Airlines (568, 3,18 %)
- Pakistan International Airlines (489, 2,73 %)
- Croatia Airlines (396, 2,21 %)
- IndiGo Airlines (384, 2,15 %)
- Egyptair (318, 1,78 %)
- AtlasGlobal (308, 1,72 %)
- Ukraine International Airlines (304, 1,70 %)
- United Airlines (296, 1,66 %)
- other (37.09 %)
The airport is located approximately 40 km northwest of Taksim Square near the district of Tayakadin. It can be reached via the O-6 motorway and the D-020 highway.
At the moment there is only a shuttle bus service operating to and from the new airport. This is operated by the Istanbul city administration and the private company İstanbul Otobüs A.Ş. The buses run regularly between the airport and the following stops: IST1-Yenikapi, IST2-Tüyap, IST3 Bus Station, IST7-Kozyatağı, IST19-Taksim, H2-Mecidiyeköy, H3-Halkali, H4-Atatürk Airport.
An airport metro station is currently under construction and is expected to open in the summer of 2019.
Istanbul Atatürk Airport has been at the limit of its capacity for years. Expansion is only possible to a limited extent due to housing close to the airport. For this reason, the city administration decided to develop an entirely new airport. A disused colliery was chosen as a suitable location for the project, which is located approximately 40 km northwest of Taksim Square near the districts of Yeniköy and Akpinar. The foundation stone was officially put in place in June 2014. Construction will be carried out in a total of four stages and is expected to be completed by 2027. Once completed, the airport will be able to handle up to 200 million passengers a year, making it the world's largest airport.