Departures Athens (ATH)Departures flight plan for Wednesday, 29 June 2022*
Arrivals Athens (ATH)Arrivals flight plan for Wednesday, 29 June 2022*
64 cheap direct flights to & from Athens (ATH)
British Airways (BA634, BA632, BA638, BA640), Japan Airlines (JL7721), American Airlines (AA6324, AA6326, AA6327)
British Airways (BA634, BA632, BA638, BA640), Japan Airlines (JL7721), American Airlines (AA6324, AA6326), easyJet (U28087)
JetBlue Airways (B65032), Emirates Airline (EK209, EK103), Qantas Airways (QF8209, QF8103)
Jet Airways (India) (9W6663, 9W6397), Aegean Airlines (A31939, A31901), Malaysia Airlines (MH5223), Air Seychelles (HM5056, HM5054), Garuda Indonesia (GA9132)
Austrian Airlines (OS801, OS803, OS8983), United Airlines (UA9851), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH6307), Aegean Airlines (A3863, A3861), Air Baltic (BT5482)
Aegean Airlines (A3621, A33000, A3623), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK8459), Hainan Airlines (HU8316), Gulf Air (GF5621), Brussels Airlines (SN6521, SN6501)
Bulgaria Air (FB807, FB1507, FB1509), Aegean Airlines (A3981, A3983, A31151), Etihad Airways (EY3716)
Aegean Airlines (A31989, A3855, A3857), Swiss International Air Lines (LX1822, LX4334), United Airlines (UA9796), TAP Air Portugal (TP8200), Air Canada (AC6075)
Swiss International Air Lines (LX1838, LX1830, LX1842), Air Canada (AC6832), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH5876, LH5880), TAP Air Portugal (TP8184), United Airlines (UA9756)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH1282, LH1278, LH1284), TAP Air Portugal (TP7950, TP7954), Aegean Airlines (A31832), United Airlines (UA9039, UA9303)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH1754, LH1750), United Airlines (UA9524), Aegean Airlines (A31808, A3803), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH6194), TAP Air Portugal (TP7962), Air Canada (AC9595)
easyJet (U25937, U24613), Aegean Airlines (A3821, A3823), Air Baltic (BT5426, BT5481), Gulf Air (GF5821)
- URL: Athens (ATH)
- Time zone: GMT 2
- Service telephone: +30 210 353-0000
- Address: Athens International Airport - Eleftherios Venizelos, Administration Building 17, 5th km Spata-Loutsa Avenue, GR-19019 Spata, Athens, Greece
- Operating company: Athens International Airport S.A. (AIA)
- Parking: Short stay and long stay parking in 3 car parks for about 4400 vehicles.
- Nearby cities: Athen (19 km), Kallithéa (22 km), Piraeus (27 km)
- Directions by car: The airport is linked to the town centre via the motorway Attiki Odos (toll)
- Stations: Train station next to the Terminal with a link to Athens line 3 underground and urban trains.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.36%), Tuesday (13.45%), Wednesday (14.19%), Thursday (14.46%), Friday (14.67%), Saturday (14.17%), Sunday (14.69%)
- Alternative spelling: Athen-Eleftherios Venizelos, Flughafen Athen, Atina, Afiny, Afina, Athina, Atenes, Atenas, Athény, Atene, Ateena, Atîna, Atines, Ateny, Athènes, Atini, Атина, Αθήνα, Атэны, Афины, Афіни, Афиннар, Афіны, אתונה, አቴና, ஏதென்ஸ், एथेंस, एथेन्स, अथेन्स, অ্যাথেন্স, ایتھنز, آتن, أثينا, 아테네, เอเธนส์, アテネ, 雅典, ათენი, Աթենք
Most popular destinations from Athens (Flights per week )
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
- Aegean Airlines (2991, 26,45 %)
- Sky Express (794, 7,02 %)
- TAP Air Portugal (390, 3,45 %)
- Olympic Air (304, 2,69 %)
- Etihad Airways (248, 2,19 %)
- Air Canada (237, 2,10 %)
- Croatia Airlines (215, 1,90 %)
- SAS Scandinavian Airlines (209, 1,85 %)
- United Airlines (186, 1,65 %)
- Lufthansa (185, 1,64 %)
- other (49.06 %)
Car: Opened on 29/03/2001, the airport is about 28 km or 18 miles east of Athens city centre, near the Athens suburbs Koropi, Spata-Loutsa and Markopoulo. From the south, Athens airport can be reached on the six lane motorway Attiki Odos (toll motorway). The suburbs southeast of the capital (eg Ilisia, Zografou, Vyronas, Kaisariani, Papagou, Holargos, Ag. Paraskevi) are connected to the airport via the Ymitos on the ring road, several exits lead to the airport. Toll-free access to the airport is on Lavriou Avenue and other surrounding major roads. Coming from the southern suburbs or Piraeus, the toll can be avoided using Possidonos Avenue, Vouliagmenis Avenue, Vari-Koropi Avenue and then Attiki Odos motorway. The short-term parking zones P1 and P2 with a total of 1360 spaces are located directly outside the arrivals zone of the main terminal. Long term parking is available in zone P3 on the Attiki Odos motorway, with approximately 3378 parking spaces.
Train and bus: Athens and the port of Piraeus may be reached using the Metro Line 3 between 5.30 am and midnight. The S-Bahn and the airport buses also serve the city. Overall, three national bus lines and six express bus lines X 92 - X 97 operate services to the airport. The metro line 3 runs from the airport to the major central metro station Monastiraki, where you change to line 1 to Piraeus and Kifissia. Passengers travelling to or from the railway station Larisis can use Line 3 to Syntagma station and then use the underground line 2. The journey to Syntagma or Monastiraki takes about 30 minutes depending on the time of day, to Piraeus approximately 60 minutes. There is also a rail link from the airport to Corinth.
Taxi: there are taxi ranks at the arrivals hall exit 3.
The construction of Athens International Airport - Eleftherios Venizelos was the largest infrastructure project in the modern history of Greece and also the largest international airport project using private funding. On 31.07.1995, the Greek government and a private consortium led by HOCHTIEF Aktiengesellschaft (Germany) signed the Airport Development Agreement (ADA), with the common goal of developing a new international airport at Spata, as the former Hellinikon Airport was no longer large enough to deal with the growing numbers of passengers. The administrator, Athens International Airport SA (Diethnis Aerolimenas Athinon AE) is a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) is to be operated as a PPP for 30 years including the building period. The Greek state owns 55% and the three private shareholders the remaining 45%.