Chania (Crete) Airport
Departures Chania (Crete) (CHQ)Departures flight plan for Monday, 24 June 2019*
Arrivals Chania (Crete) (CHQ)Arrivals flight plan for Monday, 24 June 2019*
7 Flight routes to & from Chania (CHQ)
Aegean Airlines (A37331, A37333, A37335, A37337), Olympic Air (OA331), Sky Express (GQ251, GQ253, GQ255)
Aegean Airlines (A37576), Olympic Air (OA576), Ellinair (EL70)
easyJet (U28781, U28783), TUI Airways (BY4294, BY4784, BY4214), Norwegian Air International (D82530)
British Airways (BA660), easyJet (U28781, U28783), TUI Airways (BY4294, BY4784, BY4214), Jet2.com (LS1429), Norwegian Air International (D82530)
easyJet (U28782, U28784), TUI Airways (BY4295, BY4785, BY4215), Norwegian Air International (D82531)
British Airways (BA661), easyJet (U28782, U28784), TUI Airways (BY4295, BY4785, BY4215), Jet2.com (LS1430), Norwegian Air International (D82531)
Chania (Crete) Airport
The airport which is more significant for tourism is Heraklion Airport, about 70 miles further east. From Sitia Airport in the far east of the island only domestic Greek destinations are operated by Olympic Airways. The airport is administered by the Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority, which is also responsible for monitoring Greek aerospace.
- URL: Chania (Crete) (CHQ)
- Time zone: GMT 2
- Service telephone: +30 28210-83800; + 30 28210-83841
- Address: Chania International Airport- Ioannis Daskalogiannis, 73100 Chania, Crete, Greece
- Operating company: Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority
- Parking: Yes; paid short and long-term parking
- Nearby cities: Heraklion (92 km)
- Directions by car: From Chania take the main road to the Akrotiri peninsula and then follow the signs to the airport.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (13.62%), Tuesday (13.87%), Wednesday (12.29%), Thursday (12.38%), Friday (11.84%), Saturday (18.40%), Sunday (17.61%)
- Alternative spelling: Χανιά, Ханя, Kania, Canée, Ханья, Canea, Канија, Hanya, Khania, Hania, La Canée, Chanija, Хања, Ханија, חאניה, خانيا, ჭანია (კრეტა), ハニア, 하니아, 干尼亞
Most popular destinations from Chania (Crete) (Flights per week )
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
The airport is 10 miles east of Chania city centre, on the northern peninsular Akrotiri. Passengers arriving by car please take the main road 90/E75 towards Chania and shortly before reaching town head north onto the Akrotiri peninsular on the main road towards Chordaki, the airport is then signposted.
By bus take the airport bus operated by Olympic Airways from Chania or enquire in the holiday resort regarding other bus services. The local scheduled bus operated by K.T.E.L. also provides services from many towns towards Chania.