Barcelona El Prat Airport
Departures Barcelona El Prat (BCN)Departures flight plan for Friday, 19 April 2019*
Arrivals Barcelona El Prat (BCN)Arrivals flight plan for Friday, 19 April 2019*
94 cheap direct flights to & from Barcelona (BCN)
British Airways (BA2708), easyJet (U28571, U28573, U28577), Vueling Airlines (VY7821, VY7827, VY7823), Iberia (IB7641)
Vueling Airlines (VY8749, VY8751), Jet2.com (LS803), easyJet (U21849, U21845), Iberia (IB5329, IB5456, IB5356)
Vueling Airlines (VY7816), Iberia (IB5846), LATAM Chile (LA5847)
British Airways (BA484, BA480, BA2708, BA472, BA482), Japan Airlines (JL7743, JL7161), Vueling Airlines (VY7841)
Vueling Airlines (VY7479, VY7477, VY7475), Air Algérie (AH2012, AH2014), Iberia (IB5635, IB5528, IB5247)
Vueling Airlines (VY2114, VY2122, VY2118, VY2110, VY2124), Qatar Airways (QR3515), Air Europa Lineas Aereas (UX4620), Iberia (IB5086)
Vueling Airlines (VY1317, VY1311, VY1303, VY1305), Evelop Airlines (E91103), Qatar Airways (QR3606, QR3723), Air Europa Lineas Aereas (UX4676)
Vueling Airlines (VY1316, VY1302, VY1304), Evelop Airlines (E91104), Qatar Airways (QR3742, QR3618, QR3717), Air Europa Lineas Aereas (UX4775)
Brussels Airlines (SN3696, SN3704, SN3706), Singapore Airlines (SQ2804), Thai Airways (TG6509), Vueling Airlines (VY8990), Hainan Airlines (HU8548), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH5134)
Avianca (AV6614), Air New Zealand (NZ4866), Turkish Airlines (TK1468, TK1856, TK1854, TK1852), Uzbekistan Airways (HY7294)
easyJet (U28574, U28572, U28578), British Airways (BA2709), Vueling Airlines (VY7820, VY7826, VY7828, VY7824)
British Airways (BA477, BA481, BA471, BA473, BA485, BA487, BA479), Japan Airlines (JL7742)
Barcelona El Prat Airport
There are two terminals at Barcelona airport: terminal 1 is the newest terminal and was opened in 2009, terminal 2 has been increasingly used by low-cost airlines in recent years. The top two airlines using Barcelona airport in 2010 were Vueling Airlines and Easyjet with Ryanair also expanding its network in 2012. Besides charter, scheduled, seasonal and low-cost flights, the airport is also used by a number of cargo airlines.
- URL: Barcelona El Prat (BCN)
- Time zone: GMT 1
- Service telephone: +34 902 404-704; +34 91 321 10-00
- Address: Aeropuerto Transoceanico de Barcelona, Edificio Bloque Tecnico, Apto BCN, El Prat De Llobregat, 08820 Barcelona, España
- Operating company: AENA
- Parking: Yes, paid short stay and long stay car parks.
- Nearby cities: L'Hospitalet de Llobregat (7 km), Barcelona (13 km), Nou Barris (18 km), Santa Coloma de Gramenet (20 km), Badalona (22 km), Sabadell (28 km), Mataró (41 km), Tarragona (72 km)
- Directions by car: C31; C246
- Stations: Line 1, 10 (RENFE)
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (15.17%), Tuesday (13.98%), Wednesday (14.34%), Thursday (15.08%), Friday (15.50%), Saturday (11.75%), Sunday (14.18%)
- Alternative spelling: Aeropuerto Transoceanico de Barcelona, Barcillona, Барселона, Barcellona, Barselona, Barcelone, Barzelona, Bartzelona, Βαρκελώνη, Барсэлёна, বার্সেলোনা, بارسلون, बार्सिलोना, Բարսելոնա, バルセロナ, ბარსელონა, 바르셀로나, بارسیلونا, บาร์เซโลนา, بارسلونا, برشلونة, 巴薩隆拿, 巴塞罗那, ברצלונה
Most popular destinations from Barcelona El Prat (Flights per week )
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
- Iberia (3538, 22,23 %)
- Vueling Airlines (2851, 17,92 %)
- British Airways (878, 5,52 %)
- easyJet (698, 4,39 %)
- Air Europa Lineas Aereas (510, 3,20 %)
- American Airlines (427, 2,68 %)
- US Airways (424, 2,66 %)
- Air France (356, 2,24 %)
- Delta Air Lines (331, 2,08 %)
- Aeroflot Russian Airlines (290, 1,82 %)
- other (35.26 %)
Car: Barcelona-El Prat Airport is best reached via the motorway (Autovia C-246 via Castelldefels). From the city centre it may also be reached via the bypass in Barcelona.
Bus: The Aerobús (A1) links the Plaça de Catalunya and the Plaça Espanya with the bus stops at Terminals A, B and C. Route 105 runs to El Prat station and route 106 goes to Plaza de Espana.
Train: The airport railway station is called El Prat (Terminal 2) and is on the R2 line (from Terminal 1take a bus). The new RENFE route 10 runs via the stations Sants, Passeig de Gracia from the station França to the airport (the trains run every 30 minutes between the airport and Barcelona city centre). All trains stop at the stations Sants-Estaçio, Plaça Catalunya, Arc de Triomf and Clot-Aragó, which are all linked to the underground network.
Taxis: taxi ranks can be found at terminal 1 in the arrivals zone and at terminal 2.
Car hire: Major international, national and local car hire companies are represented at Barcelona airport, most desks are to be found in Terminal 1, floor 1.
Barcelona's first airfield airport began operations in 1916 but it had little room for expansion so El Prat opened in 1918. It was used by the Aeroclub of Catalonia as its headquarters. Scheduled commercial flights began in 1927. The route from there to Madrid was Iberia's first route. Just before the 1992 Summer Olympics the airport underwent a revamp, including the construction of two new terminals. At present Vueling has an operational base there.