Fort Lauderdale travel tips
Information about the destination Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, the Venice of America, is in the US state of Florida. The city also has good transport links to Miami.
The best time to travel to Fort Lauderdale is from mid November to Mai. March, April and May are by far the most pleasant months climatically. The average annual temperature in Fort Lauderdale is 24 °C and the city boasts 3000 hours of sunshine a year.
Between February and March sees the Florida Renaissance Festival which usually has more than a million visitors year. Independence day is celebrated on 4. July and the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show takes place at the end of October.
Prior to travelling: visas and the cost of living
Visas can normally be applied for electronically for stays of less than 90 days.
Regulations on the consumption of alcohol and smoking are stricter in the USA than in the UK.
Hiring a car is practical for travelling around Florida.
The cost of living tends to be higher here than in the UK and 6% vat is only added when you pay. Food in restaurants will cost from 14 USD, beer is available for between 4 and 5 USD, The "Fort Lauderdale Swap Shop" is a real shopping experience: this is a mix of car cinema and fleamarket and is open daily with around 2000 market stalls.
Transport from the airport is possible by shuttle bus. Tri-Rail trains takes 9 minutes to reach downtown Fort Lauderdale. Taking bus number 1 costs 2 USD to the central city and takes 24 minutes. Accommodation should be booked in advance during peak season. Average hotel prices are at about 140 dollars per night. Hostels start at around 32 USD/night.
Most frequent connection from Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale - Williston (0/Week)
Most Popular Flight Routes
- London - Edinburgh from £26.99
- Bristol - London from £64.99
- Glasgow Prestwick - Tenerife South from £78.54
- Glasgow - Warsaw from £122.99
- Glasgow Prestwick - Barcelona from £93.48
- Edinburgh - Tenerife South from £129.00
- London - Dhaka from £287.06
- London - Tirana from £27.53
- London - Krakow from £21.00
- Glasgow - Barcelona from £61.99
- London Heathrow - Newquay from £34.83
- London - Colombo from £237.99
- London Gatwick - Goa from £336.99