Cologne travel tips
Best time to visit Cologne
Cologne, called Köln in German as well as Kölle or Colonia, is a beautiful cathedral city on the Rhine. Multicultural, it is attractive for residents and tourists alike. The metropolis in the Rhineland boasts many sights and festivals. If you are in Cologne before the beginning of spring and enjoy lively festivities, you should head for the big carnival parade on Rose Monday. During the first week of July, Cologne hosts the largest gay parade in Germany, the Cologne Pride.
On arrival and useful tips
Cologne's airport is located 17 kilometers outside the city. Deutsche Bahn provides a reliable service from Cologne/Bonn Airport to the city. In addition, the S-Bahn line 13 runs a regular service. Bus line 161 connects the Cologne Porz district to the airport, and the Airport Express Bus SB60 also serves the main station-airport route.
Guesthouse or backpacker hostel accommodation is reasonably priced starting at 20 EUR a night. Three-star hotels cost an average of EUR 140 per night per person. The Cologne public transport company (KBV) provides public transport throughout the Rhein-Sieg transport network. Tickets are available as one-way tickets, four-way tickets, day tickets or time tickets.
Most frequent connection from Cologne
Most Popular Flight Routes
- London - Dublin from £20.23
- London - Alicante from £20.15
- Bristol - Ibiza from £90.00
- Manchester - Goa from £447.98
- Leeds - Geneva from £102.00
- Belfast - Gran Canaria Las Palmas from £216.13
- Leeds - Paris from £45.13
- Manchester - Bangkok from £341.00
- London - Beijing International from £1,159.57
- Edinburgh - Majorca from £148.35
- London - Nice from £43.87
- London Heathrow - Newquay from £47.78
- Birmingham - Berlin from £112.00