Nürnberg (Nuremberg) Airport
Departures Nürnberg (Nuremberg) (NUE)Departures flight plan for Tuesday, 20 August 2019*
Arrivals Nürnberg (Nuremberg) (NUE)Arrivals flight plan for Tuesday, 20 August 2019*
8 Flight routes to & from Nuremberg (NUE)
Germania (ST4988, ST6046), SunExpress Deutschland (XG4665, XG4669), FlexFlight (W21228), Corendon Airlines Europe (XR1322, XR7918)
Nürnberg (Nuremberg) Airport
- URL: Nürnberg (Nuremberg) (NUE)
- Time zone: GMT 1
- Service telephone: +49 911 9 37 00
- Address: Flughafen Nürnberg, Flughafenstraße 100, D-90411 Nürnberg
- Operating company: Flughafen Nürnberg GmbH
- Parking: yes, paid parking – about 9000 short and long term spaces
- Nearby cities: Nürnberg (6 km), Fürth (8 km), Erlangen (11 km), Ingolstadt (86 km), Würzburg (88 km), Regensburg (92 km)
- Directions by car: motorway: A3, or the B4 and B2
- Stations: metro line 2 serves both Nuremberg Airport and the city. The journey takes about 12 minutes.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (15.25%), Tuesday (14.68%), Wednesday (14.72%), Thursday (13.95%), Friday (15.65%), Saturday (12.01%), Sunday (13.74%)
- Alternative spelling: Nuremberg, Nunberg, Nünberg, Nuenberg, Nueremberg, Nuerenberg, Nurenberg, Nürenberg, Nurembourg, Nuerembourg, Nürnbeg, Nuernbeg, Nürmbeg, Nuermbeg, Nurenbourg, Nurmberg, Nurembergue, Norimberk, Norimberga, Neurenberg, Norymberga, Нюрнберг, Nyrëmbergu, Νυρεμβέργη, נירנברג, नूर्नबर्ग, เนือร์นแบร์ก, ნიურნბერგი, Նյուրնբերգը, ニュルンベルク, 紐倫堡, 뉘른베르크, نورنبرگ, نورنبيرغ
Most popular destinations from Nürnberg (Nuremberg) (Flights per week )
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
- Eurowings (184, 9,32 %)
- Deutsche Lufthansa (142, 7,19 %)
- TAP Air Portugal (106, 5,37 %)
- Air China (90, 4,56 %)
- United Airlines (82, 4,15 %)
- Air Canada (81, 4,10 %)
- Delta Air Lines (65, 3,29 %)
- ANA All Nippon Airways (61, 3,09 %)
- Singapore Airlines (57, 2,89 %)
- Air Mauritius (57, 2,89 %)
- other (53.15 %)
First in use in 1955, the airport is about 7 km or 4 miles north of Nuremberg's city centre. Motorists can reach the terminal on the A3/E35, exit "Nürnberg-Nord" or the federal road 4 to the district Schnepf Reuth.
Between the Airport and the city, the underground line 2 operates a regular service. The trip takes about 12 minutes. Bus numbers 32 and 33 (VAG) also operate a regular service between the station and the airport stop Thon. Current departure details are available either locally or on the Internet.
In 1955, a new airport was constructed a little further north of the former site. It was the first newly built airport since the end of the war in Germany. Only five years later the airport counted a total of 100,000 passengers. In 1961, the runway was extended from 1900 to 2300 metres and then finally in 1967 to a length of 2700 m. Jumbo jet’s (Boeing 747) were therefore also able to land at Nuremberg.
The site of the airport was further expanded in 1977, with the extension of the apron. The old building was then also replaced by a new terminal with a visitors terrace.
The greatest economic boom took place in the year 1997/98, when the airline Air Berlin took up regular operations in Nuremberg and made the airport a hub of strategic importance along with Berlin-Tegel and Palma de Mallorca. Especially during the winter season, Air Berlin’s international routes, for example to the Canaries and North Africa stop over at Nuremberg airport. During peak times, more than 20 different airberlin can be found at the airport.
The new control tower and the direct metro connection to the main station were built in 1999 and 2006. During the 50th anniversary, a new arrival and departure terminals were also completed.