Departures Marseille (MRS)Departures flight plan for Monday, 19 August 2019*
Arrivals Marseille (MRS)Arrivals flight plan for Monday, 19 August 2019*
11 Flight routes to & from Marseille (MRS)
Aigle Azur (ZI708), Air Algérie (AH1020, AH1022, AH1024), Vueling Airlines (VY7990)
Air Austral (UU946), XL Airways France (SE1150)
British Airways (BA367, BA369, BA371), easyJet (U28726, U22002), LATAM Chile (LA5546, LA5545), Qantas Airways (QF3506)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH1088, LH1090), United Airlines (UA9315), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK3103, SK3149), Air Canada (AC9412), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH6048), Ethiopian Airlines (ET1570)
Royal Air Maroc (AT602), Corendon Airlines Europe (XR8853), TUI fly Belgium (TB7311)
Société Tunisienne de l'Air-Tunisair (TU902, TU930, TU928), Nouvelair Tunisie (BJ556, BJ542)
easyJet (U28725, U22001), British Airways (BA370, BA366, BA368), LATAM Chile (LA5534), Qantas Airways (QF3517), American Airlines (AA6605)
Since 2006, Marseille airport has had an extra terminal for use by low-cost airlines such as Vueling, Ryanair and Easyjet and this has contributed greatly to the airport's growing popularity. As a gateway for the south of France, the Provence and the beaches on the Mediterranean Sea, the availability of cheap flights to Marseille from London, Dublin and Bristol has been welcomed particularly by tourists from the UK.
- URL: Marseille (MRS)
- Time zone: GMT 1
- Service telephone: +33 (0) 4 42 14 14 14
- Address: Aéroport de Marseille-Provence, BP 7 - Aéroport, 13727 Marignane Cedex, France
- Operating company: Chambre de Commerce et d'Industrie Marseille Provence
- Parking: yes, paid parking in short stay and long stay car parks; one multi-storey car park.
- Nearby cities: Aix-en-Provence (21 km), Marseille (21 km), Toulon (68 km), Nîmes (82 km)
- Directions by car: Motorway: N113 (direction Aix-en-Provence)
- Stations: Shuttle buses to the main railway station Marseille (Saint Charles) and to the bus station in Aix-en-Provence.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.84%), Tuesday (14.99%), Wednesday (15.06%), Thursday (15.61%), Friday (15.36%), Saturday (11.12%), Sunday (13.01%)
- Alternative spelling: Marseille-Marignane, Марсель, Марсилия, Marsella, Μασσαλία, Marseja, Marselis, Marseļa, Марсеј, Marsiglia, Marselha, Marsylia, Марсељ, Marselj, มาร์แซย์, Marsilya, 马赛, 馬賽, Մարսել, مارسی, مرسيليا, מרסיי, मारसैल, Մարսել, マルセイユ, მარსელი, 마르세유, Marseilles
Most popular destinations from Marseille (Flights per week )
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
Car: Marseille Airport is on the N113 near Marignane. The surrounding towns of Bouches-du-Rhône, Aix-en-Provence, Avignon, Marseille, Montpellier, Nîmes and Toulon can be reached by car in less than 2 hours.
Bus: There are shuttle buses between the airport and the cities Marseille and Aix-en-Provence.
Train: there is a well developed network of trains from the airport railway station to surrounding cities, towns and villages. The journey to the centre of Marseille takes about 20 minutes.
Marseille airport car hire: all the usual car rental companies have offices at Marseille airport, including Avis, Europcar etc.
Marseille airport was officially opened on 22nd October 1922. Initial thoughts of founding the airport in the nearby suburb of Prado were thwarted early on. The original airport only existed for a short time until 1944, as it was completely destroyed by German bombs. Air traffic could only finally be taken up completely as late as in 1961. In the first half of the 1990s, the entire airport was modernised, the last project taking place in 2006, when a new terminal building was built that was intended to be used especially by the so-called low-cost airlines.