Departures Edinburgh (EDI)Departures flight plan for Sunday, 17 October 2021*
Arrivals Edinburgh (EDI)Arrivals flight plan for Sunday, 17 October 2021*
69 cheap direct flights to & from Edinburgh (EDI)
easyJet (U26905, U26907, U26903), Jet2.com (LS779), TUI Airways (BY1660)
Singapore Airlines (SQ2151), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH963, LH965), Polskie Linie Lotnicze LOT (LO4732), Austrian Airlines (OS7332, OS7336)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH2583, LH5467), Eurowings (EW1713), easyJet (U26911, U26913)
Norwegian Air International (D83503), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK2514), easyJet (U26983, U26979)
Vueling Airlines (VY7816), Iberia (IB5846), LATAM Chile (LA5847)
Jet2.com (LS717), TUI Airways (BY1674, BY1214, BY1786, BY1178), easyJet (U26973), British Airways (BA2347), Iberia (IB7745)
Jet2.com (LS727, LS739), easyJet (U26949), TUI Airways (BY1264, BY1576)
easyJet (U26955, U26957), Air France (AF1887, AF1487), flybe (BE3055), Jet Airways (India) (9W4756), Aeroméxico (AM6094), ALITALIA (AZ2535)
KLM (KL1276, KL1282), easyJet (U26925), Jet Airways (India) (9W8589), ALITALIA (AZ3977), China Southern Airlines (CZ7831), Delta Air Lines (DL9387), Etihad Airways (EY7370)
SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK4602), Norwegian Air Shuttle (DY1641, DY1640), Norwegian Air International (D81640)
flybe (BE852, BE840, BE846, BE848, BE850), Emirates Airline (EK4032, EK4022), Air India (AI6118)
flybe (BE843, BE855, BE845, BE851), Emirates Airline (EK4027, EK4037, EK4023), Air India (AI6119)
Top domestic flights from Edinburgh go to London Gatwick and Heathrow, while flights to Edinburgh from Birmingham are also popular. Top destinations for holidays from Edinburgh airport are the beach resorts in Spain with flights to Malaga and Ibiza for example. Most popular destinations from Edinburgh airport include Frankfurt and Paris, but also Alicante, Brussels, New York, Palma de Mallorca and Prague. New York is the most popular long-haul destination, with airports in Spain, such as Malaga and Alicante counting as favourite tourist destination with charter flights and scheduled services.
- URL: Edinburgh (EDI)
- Time zone: GMT 0
- Service telephone: +44 (0) 844 481 8989 (Main Switchboard)
- Address: Edinburgh Airport, Edinburgh, EH12 9DN, United Kingdom
- Operating company: BAA plc
- Parking: Yes, the short and long stay car parks may be used on payment of a fee. All car parks are close to the terminal or linked via shuttle.
- Nearby cities: Edinburgh (11 km), Glasgow (56 km), Dundee (66 km)
- Directions by car: Motorways M9, M90 and the A8
- Stations: Main railway station Waverly Station is in the centre of Edinburgh; Edinburgh Haymarket Station.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (15.87%), Tuesday (14.67%), Wednesday (14.77%), Thursday (16.02%), Friday (15.88%), Saturday (9.84%), Sunday (12.94%)
- Alternative spelling: Edinbourough, Edinborg, Edinburg, Dùn Èideann, Edimburg, Caeredin, Edinburgas, Edynburg, Edimburgo, Edinburq, Edėnborgs, Edinburg, Edimborg, Edinburga, Edimbùrgh, Edinboarch, Edinburc, Édimbourg, Edimburgu, Единбург, Эдынбург, Эдинбург, Εδιμβούργο, אדינבורו, ادینبرو, إدنبرة, ایڈنبرا, Էդինբուրգ, ედინბურგი, எடின்பரோ, এডিনবরা, एडिनबर्ग, एडिनबरा, എഡിൻബറോ, เอดินบะระ, エディンバラ, 에든버러, 愛丁堡, 爱丁堡
Most popular destinations from Edinburgh (Flights per week )
- London Heathrow (130, 9,98 %)
- London City (77, 5,91 %)
- Amsterdam Schiphol (59, 4,53 %)
- London Gatwick (58, 4,45 %)
- Dublin (53, 4,07 %)
- Birmingham (50, 3,84 %)
- Bristol International Airport (30, 2,30 %)
- Southampton (30, 2,30 %)
- Belfast City (29, 2,23 %)
- Paris - Charles de Gaulle (29, 2,23 %)
- other (58.16 %)
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
Car: the airport is easy to reach following the A8 from Glasgow to Edinburgh or the M8 and M9 motorways. Edinburgh airport is 8 miles from the city centre.
Sat Nav postcode: EH12 9DN
Train: Following the privatisation of the BAA, the airport is in the process of being linked to the Edinburgh Tram Network etc. Most trains leave from Edinburgh Haymarket Station or Waverley station, which are on the main route between the airport and the city centre.
Coach and bus: A link between the airport and the city centre of Edinburgh as well as the Inverkeithing Railway Station in Fife is momentarily provided by the Express buses (Airlink 100). Lothian Buses provides a bus service with its route 35 running between the airport and Leith’s Ocean Terminal via South Gyle, Sighthill and Fountainbridge. Airdirect 747 has been in operation since 20.02.2006 by Stagecoach, linking the airport with Inverkeithing Railway Station and Ferrytoll Park & Ride. Edinburgh’s central station Waverly is in the city centre and may be reached by bus. Most trains also go from Edinburgh Haymarket Station, which is to be found on the main route between the airport and the city centre.
Taxis: three taxi companies have taxi ranks at Edinburgh airport.
Edinburgh airport hotels: The Travelodge or Hilton Edinburgh Airport hotel are all close to the airport. Some airport hotels have free parking facilities.
Car hire: several car rental companies have offices in the new Edinburgh airport car rental centre; these inlcude: Alamo, Euopcar or Avis for example.
After the Second World War, the airport initially remained under military control. In the mid 1940’s, first commercial flights were taken up, including by British European Airways in 1947 with the route Edinburgh - London. In 1971, British Airports Authority (BAA) took over the airport and continued modernising this growing airport. The only international flights in the 1980’s flew to Amsterdam and Dublin. Only in subsequent years were flights to destinations in Germany and France added to the itinerary.