Departures Chennai (Madras) (MAA)Departures flight plan for Sunday, 9 May 2021*
Arrivals Chennai (Madras) (MAA)Arrivals flight plan for Sunday, 9 May 2021*
7 Flight routes to & from Chennai (MAA)
Emirates Airline (EK542, EK544, EK546, EK2138), flydubai (FZ447), IndiGo Airlines (6E66), Air India (AI906)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH758), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK3392), United Airlines (UA9130), Air Canada (AC9584), Air India (AI8758)
Jet Airways (India) (9W464, 9W460, 9W492, 9W429, 9W470, 9W462), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH6425), KLM (KL3711)
Chennai (Madras) Airport
- URL: Chennai (Madras) (MAA)
- Time zone: GMT 5.5
- Service telephone: +91 44 2256-0551
- Address: Chennai International Airport, Tirusulam, Tamil Nadu, Republic of India
- Operating company: Airports Authority of India (AAI)
- Parking: Yes; about 500 paid short and long term spaces.
- Nearby cities: Pallavaram (2 km), Alandur (3 km), Ambattur (12 km), Chennai (15 km), Avadi (16 km), Kanchipuram (53 km)
- Directions by car: The airport is about 12 km or 9 miles south west of Chennai on the National Highway 45 towards Chengalpattu.
- Stations: The airport has its own station: Tirusualam
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (13.80%), Tuesday (14.51%), Wednesday (13.81%), Thursday (14.27%), Friday (14.75%), Saturday (14.29%), Sunday (14.57%)
- Alternative spelling: Chennappattanam, Ченнаи (Мадрас), Мадрас (Ченнаи), சென்னை, چنای, تشيناي, চেন্নাই, צ'נאי, चेन्नई, Chennai (Madras), ചെന്നൈ, Čennaj, चेन्नै, చెన్నై, เจนไน, Tirusulam, Чэнаі (Мадрас), Čenajus (Madrasas), ચેન્નઈ, Csennaj (Madrász), チェンナイ, Čennai, 马德拉斯, 金奈, ჩენაი, ಚೆನ್ನೈ
Most popular destinations from Chennai (Madras) (Flights per week )
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
First in use in 1954, the airport is about 10 kilometres or 7 miles south west of the city centre in the town of Meenambakkam, on the motorway NH45 to Chengalpattu. The airport is the only airport on the Indian subcontinent with its own rail station, the Tirusulam. The "South Line" of the Chennai Suburban Rail Network stops here every day between approximately 05.00 am and 11 pm every 30 minutes on its way from Chennai Beach to the important railway junction in Chengalpattu. As is usual in India, there are plenty of alternatives: the 18A bus every 25 to 30 minutes, a taxi, a TUK-TUK or a motorcycle taxi.