San Francisco travel tips
Exploring San Francisco
Golden Gate Bridge and the island Alcatraz are considered representative of San Francisco throughout the world. However, Chinatown, Lombard Street, the many museums and cable cars are also favourites with visitors.
San Francisco is an excellent destination all year round. Art events such as the Sketchfest comedy festival in January are popular. The Haight Ashbury Street Fair takes place in June every year with live music, food, long hair and other flower power symbols. The LGBT Pride Parade is also held in June.
Stays of less than 90 days will require an electronic visa.
Tips of 20% are expected, so that a tip of one dollar is given when ordering a beer for example. Prices in supermarkets often do not include VAT. Alcohol and nicotine regulations are strict in the USA.
Getting to central San Francisco from the airport is easy using the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit). Several SamTrans buses also serve the inner city, such as bus numbers KX, 292, 397 and 398. Taking a cab can be very expensive. Accommodations prices tend to be high as well: 50 USD per person/night is the norm. Hostels will start at 25 USD per night.
Most frequent connection from San Francisco
Most Popular Flight Routes
- London - New York from £149.90
- Birmingham - Paris from £80.00
- Birmingham - Fuerteventura from £106.80
- London - Tokyo from £355.42
- London - Lisbon from £20.92
- London - Dhaka from £264.27
- London - Malta from £31.70
- London - Singapore from £340.99
- Edinburgh - Majorca from £148.35
- London - Manchester from £22.00
- London - Frankfurt from £31.96
- Aberdeen - Frankfurt from £141.00