Departures Houston-Hobby, Airport, TX (HOU)Departures flight plan for Wednesday, 25 May 2022*
Arrivals Houston-Hobby, Airport, TX (HOU)Arrivals flight plan for Wednesday, 25 May 2022*
1 Flight routes to & from Houston-Hobby (HOU)
Southwest Airlines (WN2150, WN64, WN107, WN1254, WN1947, WN2126, WN2262, WN2446)
Houston-Hobby, Airport, TX Airport
- URL: Houston-Hobby, Airport, TX (HOU)
- Time zone: GMT -6
- Service telephone: +1 713 640-3000
- Address: William P. Hobby Airport 7800 Airport Boulevard, Houston, TX 77061, USA
- Operating company: Houston Airport System
- Parking: yes, 4000 paid short-term and long-term parking spaces, of which 3500 are in multi-storey car parks and the rest at ground level.
- Nearby cities: Pasadena (8 km), Houston (15 km)
- Directions by car: Interstate Highway I-45/Gulf Freeway (Exit 35, 36) and via Texas Highway #35.
- Stations: Amtrak trains "Sunset Limited" (Los Angeles - New Orleans) stop at Houston station.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.70%), Tuesday (13.12%), Wednesday (14.75%), Thursday (16.05%), Friday (16.64%), Saturday (9.73%), Sunday (15.00%)
- Alternative spelling: William P. Hobby Airport, Хьюстон-Хобби, ヒューストン-ホビー
Most popular destinations from Houston-Hobby, Airport, TX (Flights per week )
- Dallas-Love Field, TX (181, 6,84 %)
- Chicago Midway International Airport, IL (139, 5,25 %)
- Atlanta International Airport, GA (133, 5,02 %)
- Baltimore-Washington International-Thurgood Marshall Airport, MD (117, 4,42 %)
- Las Vegas - McCarran International Airport, NV (104, 3,93 %)
- Phoenix - Sky Harbor International Airport (98, 3,70 %)
- Denver (98, 3,70 %)
- Nashville International Airport, TN (94, 3,55 %)
- New Orleans-La (75, 2,83 %)
- Los Angeles International (70, 2,64 %)
- other (58.12 %)
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
- Southwest Airlines (5022, 86,38 %)
- British Airways (84, 1,44 %)
- Alaska Airlines (69, 1,19 %)
- KLM (61, 1,05 %)
- Virgin Atlantic Airways (54, 0,93 %)
- Air France (48, 0,83 %)
- Delta Air Lines (43, 0,74 %)
- Royal Brunei Airlines (42, 0,72 %)
- Japan Airlines (40, 0,69 %)
- American Airlines (39, 0,67 %)
- other (5.36 %)
Purchased in 1937 by the city of Houston and then known as Houston Municipal Airport, the airport is about 16 km or 10 miles south east of downtown Houston. The airport may be reached on the Interstate I-45 (exit 35, 36) and via the Texas State Route 35.
Between the airport and the downtown Transit Center the bus number 50 of Metro Transit Authority operates a regular service. Buses 73 and 88 also stop at the airport.
For bus transfer to George Bush Intercontinental Airport please take the bus number 50 to the Transit Center in downtown and then change to the bus number 500 um. Current departure times are available locally for example or on the internet. Otherwise please use a rental car or Shuttle-Vans, Taxis or Limousines for the onward journey.
The airport is named Houston - Hobby after the former governor of Texas, William P. Hobby, and received its name in 1967. It is the oldest commercial Airport in Houston and was purchased by the city of Houston in 1937, and at first operated as Houston Municipal Airport before the name was changed to Houston International Airport in 1954.