Departures Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, FL (FLL)Departures flight plan for Saturday, 13 August 2022*
Arrivals Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, FL (FLL)Arrivals flight plan for Saturday, 13 August 2022*
1 Flight routes to & from Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
Caribbean Airlines (BW480), JetBlue Airways (B61020)
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, FL Airport
Mainly due to its proximity to Miami International Airport which is only about 40 km further south, Fort Lauderdale has grown continuously since the 90s, as it could be used as an alternative by many charter airlines from Europe.
- URL: Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, FL (FLL)
- Time zone: GMT -5
- Service telephone: +1 866-I FLY FLL, +1 954 359-6147
- Address: Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, 100 Terminal Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315, USA
- Operating company: Broward County Aviation Department
- Parking: Yes; paid parking – almost 12000 short and long term spaces in 3 parking garages (Hibiscus, Palm and Cypress Garage; the latter only for long term parking ), additional parking spaces at car parks further afield (free shuttle).
- Nearby cities: Fort Lauderdale (6 km), Hollywood (7 km), Pembroke Pines (11 km), Coral Springs (25 km), Hialeah (27 km), Miami (33 km)
- Directions by car: Interstate I-95, I-75, I-595, U.S. 1, Florida Turnpike.
- Stations: Buses to Broward County Transit (BCT), Tri-Rail commuter trains.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.48%), Tuesday (13.44%), Wednesday (13.52%), Thursday (14.78%), Friday (14.62%), Saturday (14.02%), Sunday (15.15%)
- Alternative spelling: Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood-FL, Fort Loderdeilas, Fort Loderdejl, Форт Лодердејл, Форт Лодърдейл, Форт-Лодердейл, Φορτ Λόντερντεϊλ, فورت لودرديل, فورت لادردیل، فلوریدا, פורט לודרדייל, फोर्ट लॉडरडेल, ลอเดอฟอร์ต, フォートローダーデール, 포트로더데일, 勞德代爾堡, 劳德代尔堡
Most popular destinations from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, FL (Flights per week )
- Atlanta International Airport, GA (217, 6,05 %)
- Baltimore-Washington International-Thurgood Marshall Airport, MD (133, 3,71 %)
- New York - La Guardia Airport, NY (111, 3,10 %)
- San Juan - Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport (87, 2,43 %)
- New York Newark Liberty (86, 2,40 %)
- Nassau (82, 2,29 %)
- Boston Logan (80, 2,23 %)
- New York John F Kennedy (80, 2,23 %)
- Denver (75, 2,09 %)
- Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, TX (72, 2,01 %)
- other (71.46 %)
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
- Southwest Airlines (2106, 18,38 %)
- JetBlue Airways (1483, 12,95 %)
- Spirit Airlines (1346, 11,75 %)
- United Airlines (614, 5,36 %)
- Emirates Airline (411, 3,59 %)
- Azul Brazilian Airlines (387, 3,38 %)
- Delta Air Lines (258, 2,25 %)
- Virgin Atlantic Airways (200, 1,75 %)
- flybe (184, 1,61 %)
- Hawaiian Airlines (184, 1,61 %)
- other (37.37 %)
First opened in 1946, the airport is about 9 km or 5 miles south of downtown Fort Lauderdale in the city of Dania Beach. The terminal is best reached using the U.S. Highway 1, which connects to the Interstate I-595.
Broward County Transit (BCT) bus number 1 operates a regular service between the airport and Broward Central Terminal in downtown or the Aventura Shopping Mall.
The TRI-Rail train stops regularly at the airport and also stops at a total of 18 stations on the West Coast including West Palm Beach Airport and Miami Airport. Timetable details are available locally or online. Alternatively, please take a taxi, limousine or rent a car.
When Merle Fogg airport opened on a disused golf course on 01.05.1929 the airport was taken over by the United States navy at the start of the Second World War and renamed NAS Fort Lauderdale. In 1946, Broward County purchased NAS Fort Lauderdale and again turned it into a commercial airport. On 02.06.1953 commercial flights to Nassau started, and in 1958 domestic flights were taken up by Eastern Air Lines, National Airlines and Northeast Airlines. Now Air Sunshine (Guantanamo Bay, Marsh Harbour, San Salvador, Stella Maris) and Florida Coastal Airlines (Daytona Beach, Freeport, Key West, Sarasota, Treasure Cay) operate domestic flights.