Cologne (Koeln)-Bonn Airport
Departures Cologne (Koeln)-Bonn (CGN)Departures flight plan for Saturday, 23 March 2019*
Arrivals Cologne (Koeln)-Bonn (CGN)Arrivals flight plan for Saturday, 23 March 2019*
64 cheap direct flights to & from Cologne (CGN)
Eurowings (EW468, EW460, EW464), Air Canada (AC6949, AC6953), United Airlines (UA9647, UA9649)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH6371, LH6375), Austrian Airlines (OS191, OS195, OS8917), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH6317), Eurowings (EW757, EW755)
SunExpress Deutschland (XG4827, XG2131, XG4825), Corendon Airlines Europe (XR1010, XR194, XR494), FlexFlight (W21242)
Deutsche Lufthansa (LH1983, LH1985, LH1991, LH1987), TAP Air Portugal (TP7881, TP7891), Air China (CA6130), South African Airways (SA7806)
Eurowings (EW580, EW582, EW584, EW592, EW588, EW590, EW598), TUI fly (X32518)
Cologne (Koeln)-Bonn Airport
- URL: Cologne (Koeln)-Bonn (CGN)
- Time zone: GMT 1
- Service telephone: +49 22 03 40- 01/02
- Address: Flughafen Köln/Bonn, Heinrich-Steinmann-Str. 12, Postfach 98 01 20, D-51147 Köln
- Operating company: Flughafen Köln/Bonn GmbH
- Parking: Yes, about 13 000 short and long term spaces.
- Nearby cities: Bergisch Gladbach (13 km), Köln (15 km), Bonn (15 km), Leverkusen (21 km), Solingen (36 km), Remscheid (36 km), Wuppertal (45 km), Düsseldorf (47 km), Neuss (49 km), Hagen (58 km)
- Directions by car: A59 (exit airport ), L84.
- Stations: The airport station beneath Terminal 2 is served regularly by the train lines 13 and the ICE and RE.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (16.63%), Tuesday (15.30%), Wednesday (16.91%), Thursday (16.19%), Friday (17.04%), Saturday (8.44%), Sunday (9.50%)
- Alternative spelling: Bonn, Cologne (Koeln)-Bonn, Cologne (Koeln)-Bonn, Bonn, Köln-Wahn, Kölle, Keulen, Kelnas, Colonia, Kolín nad Rýnem, Κολωνία, Kolonia, Кёльн, Келн, Кьолн, Ķelne, Këlni, कोअन, קלן, โคโลญ, Քյոլն, კელნი, کلن, کلون, كولونيا, ケルン, 쾰른, 科隆, 古龍
Most popular destinations from Cologne (Koeln)-Bonn (Flights per week )
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
Opened in 1938, Cologne airport is in Wahner Heide, about 14 km or 10 miles south east of Cologne city centre and about 22 km or 17 miles north east of Bonn inner city. Motorists should use the A-59 motorway or the L-84 to reach Cologne airport.
The S-Bahn 13 operates a service between the airport station and the main station. The Regional-Express Linie 8 and the ICE also stop at the airport as does the Cologne city bus number 161 and the express bus SB60.
After the end of WW2, the British allies gave a temporary licence to the cities of Cologne and Bonn allowing them to use the airport for one year.
After the licence expired, civilian transport depended on the military use of the airport, which at times resulted in restricted civilian air services. In October 1957, the rights of the airport grounds finally passed from the hands of the Royal Air Force to airport management. After the construction of the 3800 m runway was completed, the first long haul flight took off from Cologne/Bonn in 1961. Until and during the 1970s, the airport was continuously developed and expanded.
In 1987, a Boeing 747 landed with spectacular freight. Around 300,000 visitors watched the landing of the aircraft with a NASA space shuttle on the back.
The number of flights increased with time, and in the mid eighties, UPS and SAS also set up their freight hubs in Cologne/Bonn. When Lufthansa took up flights from Cologne/Bonn - New York-Newark in 1990, Cologne-Bonn Airport proved itself ready for international air traffic. Since the two low-cost airlines Germanwings and TUIfly started operations in 2002, the airport has been growing constantly.