Departures Birmingham (BHX)Departures flight plan for Saturday, 23 February 2019*
Arrivals Birmingham (BHX)Arrivals flight plan for Saturday, 23 February 2019*
142 cheap direct flights to & from Birmingham (BHX)
Emirates Airline (EK38, EK40), Malaysia Airlines (MH4610, MH4614), Qantas Airways (QF8040, QF8038)
Brussels Airlines (SN2048, SN2050), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH5555, LH5609), ANA All Nippon Airways (NH5128), bmi regional (BM6048, BM6050), Etihad Airways (EY7230)
easyJet (U21492, U21498, U21494), Jet2.com (LS1237), flybe (BE1793), TUI Airways (BY7616)
Jet2.com (LS1203, LS1305, LS3133), TUI Airways (BY7484, BY7768, BY7356, BY7750, BY7362)
Jet2.com (LS1217, LS1215, LS3177), TUI Airways (BY7604, BY7242, BY7292)
Jet2.com (LS1275, LS1287), Thomas Cook Airlines UK (MT1248, MT1802), TUI Airways (BY7244, BY7682, BY7226, BY7758)
Jet2.com (LS1293, LS1265), Thomas Cook Airlines UK (MT1132, MT1222, MT1772), TUI Airways (BY7740, BY7454, BY7284)
Jet2.com (LS1201), Thomas Cook Airlines UK (MT1402, MT1806, MT1038), TUI Airways (BY7762, BY7446, BY7254, BY7262)
Jet2.com (LS1259), TUI Airways (BY7120, BY7426, BY7674), Thomas Cook Airlines UK (MT1890, MT1404, MT1252)
Jet2.com (LS1245, LS1249), Thomas Cook Airlines UK (MT1712), TUI Airways (BY7420, BY7632, BY7166, BY7300, BY7530)
Jet2.com (LS1229), Thomas Cook Airlines UK (MT1862, MT1906), TUI Airways (BY7314, BY7678)
Air France (AF1565, AF1165, AF5019), China Southern Airlines (CZ7005), Jet Airways (India) (9W6757), Delta Air Lines (DL8663), China Eastern Airlines (MU4984), Finnair (AY6682)
Jet2.com (LS1271), TUI Airways (BY7722, BY7352, BY7458, BY7622, BY7638), Thomas Cook Airlines UK (MT1902)
The airport is a base for a number of airlines operating low cost flights, for example to Geneva. Ryanair uses the airport as a base and operates cheap flights from Birmingham to Alicante, Faro or Malaga for example. Seasonal destinations for example flight to Almeria from Birmingham are also currently popular. There are also several low cost connections from Birmingham airport to popular destinations around Europe e.g. Birmingham-Toulouse flights.
- URL: Birmingham (BHX)
- Time zone: GMT 0
- Service telephone: +44 (0) 844 576 6000
- Address: Birmingham International Airport Ltd., Birmingham, B26 3QJ, United Kingdom
- Operating company: Birmingham International Airport plc
- Parking: Yes, paid short and long-stay parking, one multi-storey car park.
- Nearby cities: Birmingham (12 km), Sutton Coldfield (13 km), Coventry (14 km), West Bromwich (18 km), Dudley (23 km), Walsall (24 km), Wolverhampton (30 km), Worcester (42 km), Leicester (46 km), Derby (56 km)
- Directions by car: Motorway M42 (exit 6), A45 (towards Coventry)
- Stations: Airport railway station Birmingham International; free shuttle buses Air-Rail-Link to the main railway station (Birmingham New Street) and the National Exhibition Centre; regional bus services to the city centre. National Express coach services.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (15.76%), Tuesday (14.01%), Wednesday (14.27%), Thursday (14.88%), Friday (15.85%), Saturday (12.09%), Sunday (13.15%)
- Alternative spelling: Бирмингем, Бірмінгем, Бірмінгэм, Бирмингам, Μπέρμιγχαμ, Birmingem, برمنغهام, بیرمنگام, બર્મિંગહામ, ברמינגהאם, बर्मिंघम, バーミンガム, ბირმინგემი, 버밍엄, Birmingamas, बर्मिंगहॅम, เบอร์มิงแฮม, 伯明翰
Most popular destinations from Birmingham (Flights per week )
Top airlines (percentage of departures and arrivals)
- flybe (802, 16,85 %)
- Deutsche Bahn AG (609, 12,79 %)
- Air France (297, 6,24 %)
- Emirates Airline (208, 4,37 %)
- Deutsche Lufthansa (190, 3,99 %)
- TUI Airways (158, 3,32 %)
- Delta Air Lines (128, 2,69 %)
- Etihad Airways (122, 2,56 %)
- Thomas Cook Airlines UK (115, 2,42 %)
- Aer Lingus Irish Airlines (94, 1,97 %)
- other (42.8 %)
Car: The airport is located on the M42 and the A42 towards Coventry. Motorists coming from the M42 towards Birmingham should leave at exit number 6 and then follow the signs to the airport. Parking facilities include short, medium and long stay car parks; all car parks are within walking distance of the terminal.
Sat Nav postcode: B26 3QJ.
Trains: Those arriving by train should travel as far as the main railway station, Birmingham New Street Station, using for example the West Coast Main Line from London to Edinburgh, and then take the free shuttle service Air-Rail Link, which connects the station with the airport in just 2 minutes.
Coach and Bus: There are also several daily regular local public buses with services from morning until night as well as coach services for example from Solihull, Coventry, Tamworth or Atherstone that serve the airport. National Express coaches also serve many national destinations.
Taxis: taxi ranks are situated outside Terminal 2.
Birmingham airport hotels: for transit flights or those arriving late or leaving on an early flight, the Ibis Birmingham Airport Hotel and the Hoiday Inn Hotel Birmingham Airport are conveniently located near the terminal buildings.
Car hire: rental cars in Birmingham airport are provided by Hertz, Avis and Europcar for example. Rental offices are located between Terminals 1 and 2.