Information about Royal Air Maroc
Royal Air Maroc
- URL: http://www.royalairmaroc.com/
- Telephone: +44 20 7307 58 -00/-10/-70/-80/-90
- Type of airline: Scheduled airline
- Country: Morocco (MA)
- Call sign: Royal Air Maroc
- Address: Royal Air Maroc, 44 place Mohammed V, Aéroport Mohamed V, Casablanca, Royaume du Maroc
- Royal Air Maroc United Kingdom: Royal Air Maroc, Langham House, 32-33 Gosfield Street, W1W 6ED London, United Kingdom
- Home airport: CMN
- Year founded: 1953
- Number of aircraft: 51
- Baggage allowance: 23 kg
- Hand luggage / hold luggage: 10 kg
Royal Air Maroc is Moroccan national airline and also member of the Arab Air Carriers Organization. The airline's frequent flyer programme is called the Safar Flyer Program, meaning air miles can be collected and exchanged.
Royal Air Maroc has a fleet of 4 Airbus A321-200, 7 Boeing 737-500, five Boeing 737-700, 15 Boeing 737-800, 1 Boeing 747-400, two Boeing 757-200 and 3 Boeing 767-300. The airline also has two Boeing 737-200 cargo planes.
Air Maroc was founded in 1957 as Compagnie Cherifienne des Transports Aeriens (CCTA). After Morocco's independence, the airline was given its present name. Until 2000, RAM continuously developed its fleet and airports. For several years now, the company philosophy has somewhat changed. The RAM no longer considers the transport of tourists and Moroccans living abroad to Morocco and back as its primary objective, but wishes to connect african and european cities via its hub in Casablanca.
The main hub of the airline is in Casablanca, Morocco. From there, many airports are served especially in Africa, the Middle East and Europe and Montreal in Canada and New York City.